Volunteer With Us
Volunteering for The Rose Road Association is a great way to support us, be it supporting our children and young people directly, or helping with our fundraising team and our many events. Being a volunteer will enable you to gain new skills and meet like-minded people – all volunteers receive an induction and full training programme tailored to each individual's needs.
We are currently looking for some keen volunteers to help us in the lead up to a very busy summer of events. From summer fetes to garden tea parties and music festivals, there is something for everyone. If you are able to offer a few hours of volunteering time across June – September we would be incredibly grateful.
Please see our events list below and email us if you are interested in any of these dates or during working hours in the week. Thank you.
Events we have coming up:
- Saturday 9th July, Meon Valley Lion's Summer Fete, Swanmore: Any help getting ready for this event in the week before or some helpful hands to help us sell rose headbands and children's craft activities on the day would be wonderful.
- Saturday 16th July we will be running a stall at the Southampton Mela festival. Help in advance or on the day for a couple of hours would be very appreciated.
- Saturday 23rd July we will be helping the lovely Jan at Belinda's Open Garden event for a day of people visiting to enjoy tea, coffee, and a slice of cake in the beautiful surroundings. There will be a raffle and lots of homemade delicious goodies as well as plants on sale. We are looking for volunteers to help with some table lunch service.
- From the 27th July to the 1st August our team will be at Camp Bestival (including a set up and pack down day) (still awaiting confirmation) in Lulworth. There will be a lot of stock prep for our festivals, getting our rose headbands ready and packed ready to sell. It is a wonderful event and highly competitive for a volunteering place (which includes a free ticket)
- Our first event in August is from the 10th to 14th at Boomtown Festival (still awaiting confirmation). We will be doing roaming sales at the event during the day with some free time in the evening to visit performances. It is an amazing atmosphere and a wonderfully fun long weekend. Volunteers to help for a whole or half day please get in touch
- The 26th - 28th August we will be in Portsmouth at Victorious Festival, we have very few volunteer places left for this event but if you would like to help us out or be a reserve please let us know. There is also plenty of support needed in the week leading up to this event as we are covering two festivals this weekend!
- On Saturday 27th August we are attending Southampton Pride (still awaiting confirmation) and running a stall selling our headbands and other exciting things. We are looking for some help on the day for a couple of hours to assist us and help talk to people about Rose Road.
- On Sunday 11th September we will be in Salisbury at GoSkydive again and would love one or two volunteers to help our team set up the marquee and help settle the nerves of our jumpers including our very nervous CEO who is taking on the highest UK skydiving height this year to raise money for Rose Road.
- On Saturday 17th September we are at Thruxton race course for our annual Charity Karting Endurance Challenge, run by the fantastic Karl. An extra pair of helping hands to chat to our teams on the day is always helpful, but any contributions to our raffle for this event would be grateful appreciated. If you have a little bit of time to phone round or pop in some local businesses to ask for a raffle prize to help raise money for Rose Road we can provide you with a letter and some support in doing this.
- Sunday the 25th September we are back at Romsey Memorial Park for the lovely event that is Walk The Test Way. We are hoping for lots of teams to sign up this year, so if you fancy walking a bit of the route yourself, or helping to set up the marquee and handing our drinks and congratulations to our finishers, we would love to have you.
If there is anything you are interested in doing or have your own ideas on how you might be able to volunteer such as as part of corporate volunteering days, please get in contact with the fundraising team for more information.
Email The Fundraising Team Or call 02380 721213.