Feedback and Complaints
Please get in touch with us if you have any feedback on our service whether positive or negative. We are always keen to hear your feedback, thoughts and celebrate or share special moments.
We also really want to know if you feel that we could improve or we are not getting something right and you can read more about making a complaint below.
We believe that by listening we can develop, learn and change so thank you for getting involved.
You can use this form for all feedback:
Comments and Complaints
We hope that however you have contact with us you find that we provide a high quality service.
However there may be a time when you wish to make a complaint about our services and this will be treated seriously and promptly. It is important to us to understand what people want, and that you feel that we have listened to you. All complaints are treated seriously – if you are a service user or family member making a complaint will not affect any of the services you receive from us.
We welcome comments and suggestions to help improve.
How to complain
Anyone can make a complaint whether it is about a direct service we provide or one of our other activities such as fundraising, finance or recruitment. Contact the person you have been dealing with, or the Manager of the service and explain what the problem is. You can do this in person, via email or telephone or by writing a letter, or you can use the feedback form on our website.
Our commitment to you
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 4 working days
- Your complaint will be investigated and you will receive a detailed response within 28 working days
- If you need support to make your complaint such as alternative formats or translation services we will support you to make your complaint
- Complaints about our services will be reported to whoever funds that service
- Depending on the nature of the complaint staff members may be suspended while we investigate fully
- If there are delays we will keep you informed of the status of your complaint
- Where actions are identified from your complaint, we will carry these out quickly
- We will review all complaints regularly and ensure we learn lessons to keep improving our services
What if that doesn't solve the problem?
If you feel that our investigation has not resolved your issue you can request an appeal and our Chief Executive will review your complaint and provide you with a response within a further 28 days. If it is going to take longer we will let you know.
Still not satisfied?
If you are a service user or family member you can take your complaint to the body that provides funding for the service. This is usually a care manager in your local authority Social Services department.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the local authority has responded, the Local Government Ombudsman investigates complaints in a fair and independent way. They can be contacted at:
Acorns residential service is also regulated by Ofsted. They can be contacted at:
Oaks residential service and our Outreach service are also regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). They can be contacted at:
Our work as a charity
You can find out more about this here
If you need this information in an alternative format or language please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Key contacts for each service:
Director of Services: Sarah Marshall
Director of Family Services: Carol Dixon
Director of Business Development (including Fundraising): Louise Clarke
Chief Executive: Heather Aspinall